Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 363 - Yellow Melon

Please help identify this mystery melon . . .

I picked it up at Costco for a something new to try and figured I could do my research later to figure out what exactly it was since at Costco it was only labeled 'Yellow Melon'. Well, once home I found about 4 or 5 possibilities . . . but think it may actually just be called 'Yellow Melon' - clever.

Any who, it is actually a very refreshing tasty fruit. I sliced it into quarters

Removed the seeds

and cut pieces, just like you would do for a cantaloupe or honey dew

It was a great snack and I have to say if you ever run across a Yellow Melon and are unsure of what it really is - give it a try anyway :)

1 comment:

  1. It's official name is a canary melon! :)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_melon

    ReplyDelete