Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 285 - Knitting with Double Points

Tonight I started a new knitting project, baby beanies. (After knitting, what I think was 9 pairs of baby booties over the last couple of months for friends, I wanted to start something for our babies.) I found the pattern free at a great site called Ravelry that I joined when I started knitting earlier this year. CLICK HERE for the link to the free pattern I decided on.

The pattern calls for double point needles, which I have never used before. So this afternoon over lunch I picked up a pair and some yarn - here's my progress so far, after getting started during my knitting class tonight.

I must admit, knitting with double points is not my favorite, but maybe (hopefully) it just takes some getting used to.

Hopefully these beanies go quick - I have 2 to make (get use to it right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment