Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 303 - Cake Balls (Cake Pops - Part I)

Today I made cake balls for the first time. I used boxed cake mix and almost forgot how quick those mixes whip up. We've had a busy day, so quick & easy was great!

Ingredients for Cake Balls:
1 boxed cake mix (and additional ingredients to bake cake)
1 container of frosting

Ingredients to transform cake balls into cake pops (for tomorrow):
Candy melting wafers (or chocolate)
Paper lollipop sticks
Extra frosting for decorating
Optional - Edible Ink Pen & Sprinkles

Tonight I decided to just make the balls and let them chill in the fridge over night, since I have never made cake balls before I wasn't sure how much time it would take (not very much). Here's all it takes:

1. Bake a cake per the directions on the box

2. Let cake cool completely. Once cool, crumble to very small pieces.

3. Add frosting.

4. Roll misture into balls and set on wax paper to chill in fridge for at least 20 minutes and up to a day. ***Side note: some of the recipes I found said to add 1 entire can (which I did) and it was too much, I was still able to form the balls and hopefully once they chill over night they will set up alright, but my advice would be to start with a half can and very gradually add more, just until you can easily form a ball.


Also, a couple pictures of my nieces Talia & Mia, while watching the Husker game earlier today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment