Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 247 - Beer Cheese Dip (& College Football Season Begins)

We headed to a Husker watch party tonight and I made beer cheese dip :) A couple friends of mine have made it before and it's always a hit, unfortunately I couldn't get a hold of either of them on my way to the grocery store, so I searched on line and decided to use this Hidden Valley Beer Cheese Dip recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix
¾ cup beer (I used a locally brewed one that I had Quinn pick out and it was really good)
Chopped green onions and shredded cheese, for garnish
Pretzels or assorted fresh vegetables, for dipping

Instructions:
Combine Cheddar cheese, cream cheese and dips mix in medium bowl. Gradually stir in beer until mixture reaches desired consistency. I added the white parts of 4 green onions and used the greens for garnish and sprinkled some additional cheddar cheese on top. I serve the dip with the square, grid looking-pretzels

A great simple & yummy dip recipe - perfect for a football party!

No comments:

Post a Comment