Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 253 - Mochi Yo

Have you ever heard of Mochi? until recently I hadn't either, but with the frozen yogurt craze that has taken over Johnson County it keeps coming up. Mochi is a type of Japanese rice cake and apparently goes good with yogurt. So tonight while we were out running a couple of errands before dinner we came across a new frozen yogurt place called Mochi Yo and decided to try it out.

The menu was very simple with just two flavors of yogurt, green tea & original and 3 types of mochi, plain, strawberry and green tea. I went with the original yogurt and strawberry mochi as a topping.

The yogurt was good, it had a tartness to it, but I liked that about it. The mochi was . . . interesting. It was soft & chewy and had a very mild flavor. I liked it, but not loved it and I don't think I will make a point to go back to Mochi Yo, although next time mochi is on another menu I am looking over I think I will try it again.

The little yogurt shop also had a fun, modern style to it which I really liked ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment