Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 268 - Billy Goats, Uncle Julio's & the Purple Pig (more Chicago)

Today was so much fun!! I am exhausted now, but it was so worth it.

This morning I woke up early for a prenatal massage that was wonderful and then Quinn and I worked out a bit. By the time we got back to the room and ready for the day it was lunch time.

We headed to the originally Billy Goat Tavern


The burgers were actually really great! And even though I tried to order a single and was told it had to be a double, I am glad - I had no trouble finishing the entire burger

They noticed I am pregnant and gave me a special hat to wear

Another satisfied customer :)

After lunch we were all fueled up and ready for some serious shopping! First stop - the Land of Nod. With the babies on the way I really wanted to see this store in person while we were in Chicago. We didn't end up buying anything here - but everything was so cute!

While trying out a glider, Quinn had me toss him a couple stuffed footballs so he could 'practice' :)

After lots of walking & running around we decided it was snack time and went to Uncle Julio's where Quinn and I shared some tasty nachos


We followed lunch with more shopping & walking and then headed back to the hotel where I was ready to crash, but instead we rallied - My mom, Quinn and I headed to the hotel bar for drinks, expecting a quite little bar, but basically ending up at a club. Eventually Michelle and some friends met up with my mom and Quinn and set out yet again for a late dinner.

We went to the Purple Pig and had a really nice time. On our walk there we noticed this construction sign for Q&C Enterprises . . . I guess we will need a more original name when start our own business ;)



Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment