Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 251 - Happy Birthday To Me (I am 28 for the first time, he he)

I'm 28 today! With all the excitement & activity around our duo on the way, I barely even thought about my birthday this year. I always do think of my birthday (and any one's birthday) as a special day to celebrate our lives and this year Quinn did some very sweet little gestures to make #28 just as wonderful as the last 27.

First he woke up extra, extra early so that he could sneak out of the house and surprise me by waking me up with some Krispy Kreme doughnuts

I know I've said it before - but I have no shame in admitting it again - Doughnuts are my weakness! What a great way to start my day! (I ate a glazed and the chocolate custard filled . . . since it's my birthday I decided to have 2, one for me and one for the boys :)

Quinn also took the time to write me a very sweet birthday card AND even 'found' one from the duo that was super cute.

Work was pretty uneventful today, but I did let my self leave a little early to stop and have a pedicure on my way home.

Then Quinn and I went on a birthday date to one of our favorite restaurants, Il Centro and had a wonderful dinner (although I must admit that this restaurant is normally one of my favorite to enjoy a glass of wine and not doing that tonight was a little odd)

Once were back home Quinn and I took Charlie on a nice walk and enjoyed a piece of our leftover cake from Monday's celebration with my family.

To wrap up the birthday festivities Quinn got me some great gifts, stuff I didn't even ask for, but I am really excited about using all 3, the Sims game, a Glee soundtrack and a gift card for a massage.

Thanks Quinn for a wonderful 28th birthday! The best part about it was all the time I got to spend with you. I love you so much and am so thankful to have you for my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment