Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 308 - Roasted Green Beans

Roasted Green Beans (Recipe adapted from French Cafe in the Taste of Omaha Cook Book)

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
3 tablespoons of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1.5 tablespoons thyme, minced (I used, just less than 1 table spoon of dried)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Optional (these were in the recipe, but I didn't have them on hand so I didn't use them):
2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning (I substituted plain black cracked pepper)
2 teaspoons anchovy paste
1 teaspoon lemon zest

Directions:
First Preheat oven to 450F

On a baking sheet toss together green beans with olive oil, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt. Once tossed together spread the beans in a single layer and roast, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes until tender.

While the beans are roasting mix vinegar, lemon juice & zest (and if you use it anchovy paste).

Once the beans are roasted put them into a large serving bowl (since it was just Q & I I did all this right on the baking sheet for less clean up) and wile still warm add the almonds and vinegar mixture. Toss together & serve.

This recipe was so simple and delicious. I am planning to try it with other veggies like brussels sprouts and asparagus soon.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These sound and look delicious. I have copied this recipe and am adding it to my collection, with credit given to you. :)

    ReplyDelete