Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 326 - George W. Bush Book Signing

Tonight Quinn and I attended our first ever book signing. It was actually called a 'conversation with George W. Bush' so it was really like watching a live interview.

With every ticket you got an autographed copy of the book Decision Points and each ticket was only the cost of the book, so it was a good deal.

The actual interview was actually very interesting and Quinn and I were both surprised at how light the security was when we arrived, although up by the stage and around the former president it seemed pretty serious.

This was a neat way to learn more about this book and to get to see a former president of the United States in person. I will definitely keep a look out for similar opportunities in the future with other authors.

Other Firsts: The event was at a church down on the plaza, so afterwards we stopped over to the restaurant Noodles & Company for a quick dinner. It was really yummy & I'm glad we tried it. Plus it's a chain restaurant and I know there are other locations that will be easy for us to get to too - so I'm sure we'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment