Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 314 - Dinner for the Leifs - Brownies

I made dinner for the Leif's tonight, my fancy mac & cheese - yum! And decided for dessert I would try something new. I decided on Coconut Swirl Brownies. I followed the recipe from my Martha Cookies recipe book, but also found the recipe online, here

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for pan
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 large egg white
2 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
3 large eggs

Since all of the directions can be found on the website I will just share a few pictures of the deliciousness that came together to make these treats

Chocolate

Condensed mile & shredded coconut

Batter

Butter the pan and cover bottom & sides with parchment paper

Layer in the batter and coconut mixture

Swirl together

Bake & Enjoy!

I thought the flavors were great, although they were more like cake than the brownies I typically prefer. Over all thought - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment