Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 217 - Puppy Chow

I have book club tonight and decided this would be the perfect opportunity to make something I haven't had for a long time, but has been sounding very good lately . . . puppy chow!

This was a fun, easy recipe and now that I've made it once, I am sure it won't be long until I make it again soon :) Yummy!

Ingredients:

9 cups of Chex cereal (I decided to go with half rice & half corn)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

First, I measured out the cereal into a large mixing bowl

Then I melted the chocolate, peanut butter and butter in the microwave, in about 10 second intervals until it was a smooth mixture

After the mixture was good and melted I added the vanilla and stirred well. Then it was time to pour over the cereal and mix it all up (gentle enough to not crunch the cereal)

Then I transferred about half the chocolate coated cereal into a large baggie and added half the powdered sugar and tossed until the mix was well coated

I poured the finished product onto a parchment paper covered cooking sheet and repeated this with the second half of the batch

I put it in the fridge to cool a bit (although I am not sure this is necessary) and in no time I pured the puppy chow into a bowl

Simple & delicious!

(Next time I am going to melt in a few butterscotch chips, thanks for the idea Ellen)

No comments:

Post a Comment