Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 233 - Dixie Quicks & Dante's (Dining in Omaha)

This morning I had breakfast with my good friend Nikki :)

We went to Dixie Quick's and had such a nice time catching up. Plus, last year, Dixie Quick's was featured on the Food Network show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives which made a tad extra special to get the chance to check this place out.

We had a reservation and were seated right away. The dining area is also an art exhibit and the menu is a large bulletin board so the over all first impression and vibe here is very cool. Our server did an excellent job throughout the meal which added to our lovely morning at Dixie Quick's

I ordered the biscuits & gravy

And Nikki went with the French toast

We shared (which I love) and both our meals were delicious! You gotta love a good meal with great company.


Other Firsts: Since Quinn was at a golf outing for the day my day of fun in Omaha continued after breakfast when my mom picked me up and we went to meet my cousin Jackie's newest addition for the first time, baby Luke. He was so precious and sweet. Jackie & JV have 2 little boys, so I am looking forward to learning some good advice from them in the coming months :) Not only was this our first time meeting Luke, but I had also never been to their new house yet, so it was so nice to get to see where they call home.

From there I was off again, this time with my friends Katy & Stacy. We had pedicures, where I painted my toe nails blue (in honor of our news about the duo being both boys and thanks to Katy's inspiration) From there we headed to lunch at Dante's Pizzeria

This new little pizza joint in Omaha is a great spot. We decided to all start with a bowl of the tomato basil soup - yummy!

and then we shared a margherita pizza, which was also very tasty

Hooray for a wonderful day in Omaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment