Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 183 - Up on the Roof (Kansas, Styx, Foreigner)

Tonight was the annual Forth of July concert at Memorial Park, in Omaha. My parents house is in a great location for all the fun and going to the concert and watching the fireworks afterwards has become a bit of a tradition.

The bands this year were Kansas, Styx and Foreigner, music I know well - but had never seen or heard performed live until tonight. We can actually hear pretty well from my parents house, but I did venture over to chaos during Styx to see a bit of the show and to do some people watching.

My favorite part of night, as it is every year, was the firework show. And this year it was extra memorable because my dad and my 2 sisters and I climbed a little higher than our regular viewing area and watched the fireworks from on top of the 3rd story roof. This was first time I had ever been up on the roof at my parents and it made the whole night a extra special




Other First: During part of the night a bunch of us walked over to my cousin Carrie's house to say hello. She only lives a couple of blocks from my parents, but I had never been to her house before and it was adorable! Thanks for letting us pop-in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment