Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 196 - Gift Marker Letters

Our book club is throwing a surprise baby shower for 2 of our lovely, expecting mothers: Lindsey & Melanie. Of course, since it is a book club, everyone is getting them new books for their little babes on the way.

We are going to be out of town for the actually event, so tonight, before dropping them off at a friends I wanted to jazz up the plain packaging. Since I wrote a message in each book, there was no need for a card, so in place of a card I made a quick, large letter of each momma's last name and attached it to the top.

I just free-handed each letter on a piece of card stock, cut them out and then embellished each one with some of extra craft supplies I had on hand.

I also used some stacked wood disks to raise each letter off the packaging and give a 3-D look (since that is so 'in' right now, he he)

Each letter took less then 5 minutes, and I already had all the supplies on hand so it was super simple!

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    i thought the learning tree had these
    (L) for learning tree or something..........

    wow my sweet beautiful friend - i loved my letter L

    actually.

    i tore it off the paper and kept it :)
    BEFORE i knew you even made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    hehehehhehe

    love you and SO good to see you friday :)

    ReplyDelete