Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 198 - Olives Restaurant, Las Vegas

Quinn and I had another great day in Vegas today. Slept in a bit, lots of pool time (it was HOT!!) and then Dinner at Olives restaurant. We had several friends recommend this restaurant and were so excited to try it.

A quick picture in our room before hitting the strip and heading to dinner

Olives is located at the Belagio (another first) so after putting our name in for our reservation and a request for a table on the outdoor patio, we walked around and saw the sites of the Belagio


After a checking out the Belagio and the beautiful glass and flower display we headed back to Olives where we got a great table overlooking the Belagio fountains

We had a later dinner, so we were very happy to have this delicious spread of bread and olives served to our table just as we were seated.

The food was wonderful! We started with a portobello flat bread

Seriously, one of the best things I've had to eat in a long time :)

For dinner I had the halibut and Quinn had the beef tenderloin. The presentation was lovely and our food was delicious


The only other time I had been to Las Vegas was on business, and I stayed at the other end of the strip, so I had never seen the fountains before . . . they were so neat and the way they flowed with the music was magical, it was the perfect back drop for our dinner date.

We were actaully so close to foutains that during some of the larger blasts of water we got a little sprinkle and at one point our candle was even blown out (which really impressed us when our waiter had it relit in a mater of moments)


After dinner we decided to walk back to our hotel, on the other end of the strip, it was a nice walk - especially with our full bellies :) There were lots of interesting people to see and sights to take in. We made another quick run through the Paris hotel & casion, where this huge slot machine got my attention (I gave it one pull -and lost, but it was a good photo opp.)

Before calling it a night we made one last stop at the Palazzo and got gelato for dessert, a yummy sweet treat to end our fun-filled Vegas day!

Wonderful!

Other First:
I had my first non-alcoholic beer at the pool this after noon, a Bucklers and it was actually pretty good!

I also placed my first ever bet on a roulette table . . . $100 on red (I felt so fancy) it was courtesy of my dad - who said if we won we would split the winnings. Unfortunately I wasn't lady luck today, but it was certainly fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment