Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 195 - Time for a Makeover!!



Well, at least a virtual makeover :)

I love my Real Simple magazine and sometimes they send me emails too. Today I got one for a new feature on their web-site: a virtual make-over. I was pretty excited when I saw this. I have been getting bored with my long, plain hair and thinking up what I might do to it next.

It was simple to use the site and I had fun virtually trying new looks out - with out the commitment or cost of really getting something done!

The hardest part was finding a picture that worked. I ended up taking one, just for the purpose of using the site (and recommend you do to if you try it).

Here's what I started with . . .



And now for some of the looks I tried (it was kind of addicting to keep trying out new hair styles, hair colors, different shades of makeup and even eye color).

This one reminded me a lot of my hair when I use to get it highlighted (I do miss my much blonder hair sometimes . . .)

Then I thought it would be fun to see a really dark do and, just because I could - I changed my eye color to lavender too

Once, the babes arrive (or sometime before their birthday) I really think I want to chop my hair off, so I looked at 2 short do's too. The color options don't look very realistic, but it is definitely better than nothing!

First I tried a straight look

. . . not my favorite, and besides my hair is naturally wavy/curly so this one seemed more likely

I think I am liking this . . .

Have fun trying out some new looks! (Also, in full disclosure, the site timed out on me a couple of times which was frustrating, but luckily I started an account and was able to save each look as I went along).

No comments:

Post a Comment