Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 201 - Mini-Phil Photo Shoot (first time using a real puppet)

I am working in Omaha for a couple of days this week and today during my monthly Wellness in Motion meeting (our company's wellness group) someone mentioned still needing a picture of our COO (who also happens to be my dad) working out/being healthy for our upcoming annual meeting and they needed it by the end of the day tomorrow, so the group came up with the idea to get some pictures of mini-Phil, instead of my actual dad and I volunteered to get it done.

Mini Phil is a puppet that some friends of my parents had made for him by the same woman who makes all the puppets for Terry Fator. I believe it is their friend's mother-in-law who makes them . . . anyway, my dad is a pretty funny guy and has a little puppet of himself that he introduced to the company at our annual meeting a couple of years ago and that now sits on a shelf in his office - so tonight as I was leaving the office I brought mini-Phil home too.

Before I share the pictures from our mini-Phil photo shoot, I thought you may want to see a picture of my actually dad.

OK - onto the good stuff :) Once home I asked my mom if she had any gifts or clothes that we could use as work out clothes and low & behold, being the excellent shopper that she is - she had a little Adidas jumpsuit she had recently bought for Liam. We also grabbed an under-armor hat-thing out of my brothers room and then got mini-Phil ready to hit the gym.

My mom and I had fun getting the puppet positioned on the different equipment and snapping shots and couldn't help but laugh for the entire 10 minutes or so that we took pictures.

My dad decided to stay out and that he would see the final images during the company meeting, but he did give us the idea to take one of the back of mini-Phil's head first, to throw some people off . . .

Is that Phil on the treadmill?

No it's mini-Phil!

Then it was on to some ab work


And finally the elliptical


Just another day working out for mini-Phil, (Big Phil works out all the time . . . he would be so proud!)

1 comment: