Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 154 - Coasters

I haven't done anything crafty for while so today over lunch I ran out to gather supplies to make custom coaters for our living room.

Supplies:
Tiles (I went to Lowes and bought 4x4 Agora Almond tiles for .34/each)
Stamps
StazOn ink
StazOn ink cleaner
Felt blankets - or squares

First I sorted through my stamps and decided on this large swirl and thought it would be neat to use different sections & angles of the stamp for each coaster

Next I covered the stamp well with ink and applied it to my first tile.

Recoat with ink and apply - repeat for each tile. I did 5 for me (and have 5 extras I plan to use for a gift)

The little indents in the tile add automatic-character when applying the ink

For the last step, I cut the the large felt into strips, and then squares and applied 4 squares to the back of each tile, in every corner

You could also buy the smaller, precut felt pieces, but these were a bit cheaper and gave my enough to do all 10 coasters with one pack.

That's it!

This project took under 10 minutes and I love the result. Also, I did end up redoing 1 of the tiles and simply applied some of the ink cleaner and wiped down the tile with a slightly wet paper towl, followed by a dry one and I was all set to start over.

1 comment:

  1. these are so pretty! what a neat idea! I've been looking for coasters that I love for some time now... maybe the reason I haven't found any is because I'm supposed to make my own :)

    ReplyDelete