Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 161 - Planter-lift

I recently bought a new house plant . . . OK, it was a while ago, but I have been pretty lazy about getting it into a proper container, mainly because I have not come across anything that I like that much.

So tonight, while perusing the isles of Hobby Lobby I saw this beauty on clearance - only $12.49!! I couldn't resist it.

Once back at home I pulled out the old paint cans from when we painted our dinning room and mixed a little glaze with the colors and got to work.

It took about 4 coats, but the color is perfect!

I had a small little planter that broke a few weeks ago so I put those pieces in the bottom of the planter before I added the potting soil to add for drainage

I just love how this pot turned out - it was so simple and by putting the plant in my living room, next to the dining room, it really pulls the two adjoining rooms together.

A simple, cheap solution! All I had to buy was the planter - I already had everything else I needed. Plus the planter is big enough that my plant should have plenty of room to grow big & strong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment