Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 173 - Hiro 88 (plus Naked Sushi & Blood Orange Sorbet)

HAPPY 21st MICHELLE!!!

Sisters :)
We had dinner at Hiro 88 downtown with about 25 of Michelle's friends - It was my first time here and the restaurant was great to us, I was impressed with how well they treated our 21st birthday celebration and the food was terrific.

The menu had many classic Chinese options and some Japanese selections plus tons of sushi.

I also had 'naked' sushi for the first time. Incase you have never heard of it - they use cucumber to roll the sushi instead of seaweed - yummy!



My sister Janelle & I also shared the Snow White Chicken - it was delicious.

As dinner was winding down - I said a little toast and then it was saki bomb time (what would a 21st birthday at a sushi place be with out them?)

Cheers!

Nelly even did one (I passed)

But I did not pass on dessert :)

The restaurant gave Michelle this decadent cake (that I volunteered to help finish)

And I ordered a scoop of sorbet for my self. They had several int resting flavors and I decided to try the blood orange one, since I had never had anything made with blood orange, but have heard of it on cooking shows before.

A perfect sweet treat - to top off a wonderful dinner celebration

. . . Then we headed off to the bars :)

The shot I bought for Michelle was a lemon drop (it was #21 . . . continued from the power hour the night before)

No comments:

Post a Comment