Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 162 - Boating Master (& my first party at the lake)

Today a bunch of girlfriends from KC and I headed to Nebraska to celebrate our friend Bethany's bachelorette party. We are going to be spending the entire weekend at my parents cabin and so far - so good.

With my personality, hosting a bachelorette party with dozen or so ladies at my parents cabin is a bit stressful, but I am doing my best to relax and enjoy the weekend.

This afternoon after we all got settled in and after spending a little time in the sun, I took the girls out for a boat ride. I DID EVERYTHING ALL BY MYSELF! (started the blower, lowered the engine - lowered the boat, put it into throttle only to give it some gas, started the boat - drove around the lake and got the boat safely back into the shore station, then finlly raised the boat) I was a little nervous, but it went great and all the girl had a fun time . . . this is also, my first official party at the lake and it goes on until Sunday! whahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment