Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 163 - Fre Wine

Another wonderful day at the lake (with the exception of the boat lift not cooperating - but that's all better now)

This morning some of the girls went for a walk, others took the golf cart around and Anne and I went for a tandem bike ride. Then we had a delicious brunch followed by lots of fun in the sun. Later in the day, after lunch - I took the boat back out and a couple girls went tubing (when we brough the boat back in - there were some minor set backs - nothing that was our fault and about 2 hours later it was taken care of!)

Once the boat was safe & sound, I left the cabin and headed into Omaha to join Quinn, his family and lots of my sister in law Meredith's friends to celebrate her 30th birthday - I was only able to stay a while, but it was really fun to get to be there for some of the festivities.

Back at the cabin - the girls were playing a game and I cleaned up a bit. One of the guests, Caroline, is pregnant so I offered her a glass of wine (with the alcohol removed) called - Fre Wine. She was happy to have a glass and I decided to try some too.

It certainly wasn't has good as the real thing - but I was impressed with how deep the color was (just like regular wine) and the flavor, though not wonderful - was good.

If you don't drink alcohol for one reason or another but still like the idea of having a glass of wine - you might want to give this a 'swirl' ;)

2 comments:

  1. im gonna have to give this a try!!! my summer without cocktails is a tad lonely :)
    i did order a NA drink at mcormick and schmicks last weekend though!
    see you in the morning for a walk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your friend there is also a chard version of the Fre. I like white wine as you know : )

    ReplyDelete