Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 156 - Fireworks & Starbucks Mini Doughnuts

Did you know every state (probably each county) has their own, unique firework laws? Well, growing up in Nebraska, we know this far too well - and many people end up hopping over the state line to get their explosion fix.

This year, my dad sent Q & I on a mission. Since there are many stops along our regular route from Kansas to Nebraska he asked us to pick up some goods and to simply drive them from Missouri on over to Nebraska :)

We decided the firework emporium was the place to be.

It was a great choice! There was an older man inside who helped us make all our selections (because no one wants a lame firework) and to top it all off, we either bought so much, or he liked us and he threw in some pretty awesome freebies too.

So excited about our finds! And sick of being in the car on such a nice day - I decided to get creative for this photo :)

. . . It's going to be a fun Fourth of July!!

Other Firsts: Doughnuts are my weakness. I really don't eat a lot of sweets, I usually make them - sometimes try a bit, but almost always give them away or bring them to an event. The exception to this is doughnuts. I love them.

This morning, when Quinn and I went for a walk to get some Starbucks and check out the Prairie Village art fair I couldn't help but add one of each to our order, birthday cake and double fudge

They were mini AND we shared them, so for 130 calories each, I'd say it was worth it.

both doughnuts were pretty good, my personal favorite was the birthday cake, but that could of just been the mood I was in ;)

1 comment:

  1. When the heck did Starbucks get doughnuts!? Those look and sound delicious! I'm going to keep my out for them now...

    ReplyDelete