Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 155 - Ducks for Charity

Hooray for Friday! Why do short work weeks always seem so long?

After work tonight, Quinn and I did some things around the house and then decided to head out for a drink. We went to the 75th Street Brewery. This was a strategic decision because I received an email a few days ago about a fundraiser that I was curious about. The Duck Derby.

I have seen signs and other advertising for this event in years past and had no clue what it was all about, so this year when I got an email about going to any of the KC Hopps restaurants to buy ducks to enter in the derby - I knew we had to do it.

It was $5 per duck or $25 for 6, so we went for the deal and bought 6 ducks to support Children's TLC - Therapeutic Learning Center.

I am still trying to figure out if there are actually going to be ducks for every person who donates to this cause . . .

Hopefully we will be able to make it to the event on June 27th to experience this Duck Derby first hand.

Of course, I had to pose with the inflated duck on our way out . . . I am thinking I will name all our little duckies for fun too :) Any ideas? he he

Also, you don't have to live in KC or go to a certain restaurant to adopt a duck - you can CLICK HERE to enter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment