Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 63 - Fry Bananas NOT Avocados

I had so much fun making potato chips for the first time the other night that I thought I would try some other things today . . .



When I was done making the potato chips, I put the lid on the oil and planned to throw it out later - but instead I figured I might as well use it again. The potatoes left the oil very clean so today I peeled & sliced both the banana and avocado and cranked the oil up to 325F

I started with the banana

Here is the result - not the prettiest looking thing in the world, but it was actually very tasty (I think I may have to buy my first plantain soon and try this out on those).

Next I repeated the process for the avocado

These were interesting, but not as yummy as the bananas and had an almost smokey flavor

The result: if you want to fry something (and who doesn't) I would suggest a potato and if you don't have any of those go for a banana and if all you have is an avocado I would save yourself the calories and just eat it fresh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment