Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 79 - Knitting a Rib

Today Quinn and I hit the road to Omaha to await my new nephews birth - my sister Janelle's first baby should be here in day now!

Since I recently finished my first knitting project, it was time to start something new. After that blanket (it was a labor of love) I decided on something much smaller baby booties and because I had looked at little boy yarn colors for 2 months straight I decided these should be girly & hot pink :)

So on our way to O-town, I retaught myself how to cast-on (for those who don't knit this is what you must do do get things started on any project), this was the first time I have ever cast on all by myself and thanks to this great video it was much easier than I remembered. I actually did it a few times, just to make sure it stuck this time.

OK - so for my official first today I knit my first ribbed pattern. It was very basic, just alternating a knit then a purl stitch all the way across each row and then doing the opposite, purl then knit all the way across the next and so on, but considering the blanket I made was all garter stitch (only knit the whole time). I was pleased with myself that I did it and it looked pretty good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment