Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 82 - The Drover

I am still in Omaha and tonight my parents and my sisters in-laws thought it would be nice to celebrate the new baby over dinner. This is the first grand baby for both sets of parents so you can imagine that is certainly a reason to celebrate!! Lucky for my other sister Michelle & I because we got to go too and celebrate our new nephew :)

We decided on the Drover, which is a restaurant that has been in Omaha for many years (I tried to find an exact year, but had no luck), my mom even mentioned that my grandpa use to enjoy going here.

Even though it is an Omaha classic, I had never been before and after our meal tonight will not wait another 27 years before I return - everything was delicious!

When we walked in, one of the first things I noticed was the lighting - it was pretty dim, but still bright enough to easily read the menu. The rustic wood decor and lighting created an ambiance that was a bit unexpected, but just right all at the same time.

The menu (which I am pretty sure is the same as it was all those years ago) was simple. I always like menus that aren't full of options and the Drover does steak and does them well, so that's what they serve - with a couple other options.



Another plus, they had warm yummy bread & butter on the table within moments of being seated :)

Michelle & I shared their house specialty, the whiskey fillet. We both had the salad bar and plenty of baked potato for both us.

The steak was cooked to perfection. We ordered it medium and although it was really in between medium & medium-rare, it was just right for us. Also, this salad bar was great. Michelle tried the poppy seed dressing (which I tasted too) and it was tasty.

Thanks to Scott & Debbie for treating us to a lovely dinner & Congratulations to all of us and the new little man in our lives (Thanks to Nate & Nelly for making this all possible) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment