Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 72 - No More Knitting (well, not my first project anyway it's finished!)

Tonight I finished the knitting portion of my very first project - stay tuned to see how it all comes together. I already have 2 othe projects in the que. The first is to complete some squares for a group project in my knitting class. We will each individually knit the 3 different square patterns and then put them all together to form a baby blanket and the finished project will be donated to a good cause. I also bought the supplies today to start my first pair of baby booties :)

OK - back to my first ever complete knitting project! I keep calling it just a 'project' because it is a gift for someone very special. Check back soon for pictures and all the details!

*UPDATE* I gave the blanket to my sister Janelle and her husband Nate today - 3/20 so they can have it all ready to welcome their first baby into the world . . . he should be here any minute now! He was due on 3/18.

Here are some pictures from the night I finished knitting it :)



Other Firsts: Today I leared how to cast off when knitting. My needles were finally free of the creation they have been attached to for the last 2 months - so exciting!! THANK YOU KATIE! I appreciate all your help more than you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment