Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 85 - Corkscrew

I am still in Omaha, but now Quinn is here too :) He headed up after work today to meet his new nephew and to help his parents with their on-going move tomorrow.

After work today I made dinner for my sister Nelly & her husband Nate (and I suppose I should say Liam too). I made my fancy mac & cheese with a new twist (just a different cheese combo) - it turned out delicious (so I heard). My dad and I delivered dinner and had a quick visit then we ran some errands before heading back to my parents house where I took a nap until Quinn got in.

Once I woke up, I was still pretty worn out from the busy week - but wanted to do something since it is Friday night and Q & I haven't gotten to spend much time together this week. Quinn and I had heard of this little wine-bar not too far from my sisters house, so once I was up & ready we headed back to my sisters house so Quinn could meet Liam and then said good night to their cute little family of 3 and Q & I were off to share some wine.

We went to Corkscrew, a wine & cheese retailer & bar.

We chose a wine off the shelf and sat at the bar and each had a glass, they close relatively early, at 11 on Friday & Saturday evenings, so we corked the bottle and took the rest home to enjoy on the couch.

A nice relaxing way to end a busy week and start a fun weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment