Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 84 - Word of the Day

Tonight I signed up to receive a daily new word & definition from dictionary.com .

This is something I have always thought of doing, but wasn't sure what site to use and simply just never took the time to set it up -until tonight. I wanted something pretty simple because my mom and I got back from KC around 3 AM this morning, I slept for a couple of hours and then headed to the office for a 9 AM meeting. I left for the day around 3:45 PM so I could get back to my parents and take a much needed nap before heading over to my sisters to spend some time with her & Liam.

While there I wanted to do something to help out the new parents, so I cleaned out their refrigerator (another first - the first time I clean out any one else's fridge). So between holding Liam & cleaning it was almost 11 PM when I left there - still with out my official first of the day, so now that I am back at my parents I just signed up for my word of the day.

I already got an email that said I will receive my first official new word of the day tomorrow - but on their website it lists that today's new word is . . .

lucre \LOO-kuhr\ , noun;
1. Monetary gain; profit; riches; money; -- often in a bad sense.


I am looking forward to my daily emails to see what other interesting words exist that I have never heard of before.

No comments:

Post a Comment