Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 70 - LUCK


Tonight Lindsey & Casey came over for dinner and we had my favorite, very fancy mac & cheese for dinner :)

After our yummy dinner and with a full belly we said good bye to the Leif's and I set out to make a festive St. Patrick's day banner.

Supplies:
craft paper in shades of green
file folders (or anything else you have around for a sturdy packing)
craft glue
scissors (regular and fun edge ones)
paint (for letters & other embelishments)
green glitter glue
ribbon
embelishments(buttons, pom-poms, fun trim, old pennies)

First I used a simple paper cutter to cut 4 penant shapes for the backing out of a couple file folders (you could use any sturdy material) and then I also cute 4 coordinating-green penat shapes for the front of the penants.

Once I attached the coordinating paper to the file folders I made a template and used a hole punch to make slit to through each penant to sting a ribbon later.



I also painted each letter white. I also had some shiny clovers that I used the back of and painted them green. (if I had a die cut machine I would of used that for the clovers & letter - that would of given me many more font-options).

With all my letters painted and supplies out I the table I crafted each penant. I used different papers, my circle paper cutter, rhinestones, buttons, pom-poms, glitter clue and even an old penny (I decided to go with one from '2008' for our wedding anniversary) ~ basically anything you have left over from other projects works great!

The main thing I was going for was to make each penate, unique & fun - but still made sure it flowed well with the others . . .







I really like how it looks in our dinning room - it will be a fun decoration to have for our corn-beef & cabage next week:)



No comments:

Post a Comment