Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 83 - Black Eyed Peas & my first Rap Concert!

Last night after dinner my mom and I headed back to KC - Quinn and I had tickets to the Black Eyed Peas concert and I have to be back in Omaha tomorrow morning for a meeting. So my mom was so nice to me to leave her new grandson and take me back and forth so that now, after the concert, she is driving us back to Omaha so I can sleep - Thanks Momma!!

OK, so earlier tonight Quinn and I with our good friends Katie & Scott headed towards the Sprint center for the Black Eyed Peas concert. Before the show (and thanks to Scotts negotiating efforts with the hostes) we had dinner at Raglan Road.



The first act was LMFAO - we got there in the middle of their set and then Ludacris took the stage - These were my first ever rap-concerts and it was a lot of fun. I was so surprised by all the Ludacris songs that I actually knew. While we dancing and rapping along I snapped a couple of fun pictures.

I especially liked how Scott had his turned at just the right angle.

Our seats were very close, just a little set behind the stage - at first I was skeptical, but once we settled in it was perfect! Ludacris was pretty funny and had quite the entourage of booty-shaking dancers.


Waiting for the Black Eyed Peas to take the stage

They entered the show in full-force with interesting costumes & lighting. The entire show had this space-aged futuristic theme which was really neat



There were a couple neat effects including this 'flying' motorcycle.

The intro & closing of the concert was all songs from the new album, but in between they filled it with some older songs and Fergi & Will-I-Am each had their own personal stage-time. They played for over 2 hours and it was very fun.

Tonight was such a good night ;) We had a blast with Scott & Katie and it was so worth the extra highway time to get back for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment