Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 65 - Good Ju Ju (Vintage, Old & Re-purposed shopping)

This morning I woke, got ready for the day and set out on a fun little adventure only about 15 minutes from home. My friend Bethany invited me to join her to check out some antique/vintage/re-purposed sales that only happen once a month. The main 2 we went out to see where in the West Bottoms which is an old industrial area (very neat during the day, but probably not a place to hang out after the sun sets . . . My favorite place was our first stop Good Ju Ju, where I found this trunk for only $5

There was so much stuff to look at; at one point, I mentioned to Bethany that we could probably walk around the store several times and it would feel like a new place

We made a couple of other stops in the area and then one more in Westport, all of which ended up taking a few hours and it was wonderful. At our last stop Bethany found a great piece for her entry way and I saw this desk which really got my attention (I currently have no need or anywhere to put this, but I snapped a picture anyway - for future reference).

After spending our morning and part of the early afternoon finding many great treasures and being inspired, I felt like I was introduced to this whole new world and seeing so many great things right in my 'own back yard' was like going on a mini-vacation, we decided to call it a day. We met up with Bethany's finance, Stephen and Quinn joined us too at the Brooksider for a cold beverage and some lunch.


Thanks Bethany for introducing me to this fun new hobby!

Other Firsts: Later in the afternoon Quinn and I watched our nieces Mia & Remi - we got ice cream, went to the park, took Charlie on a walk, made dinner together and did a craft.

The ice cream place we went to was one we had never been to before, Mely's). They had a huge selection and everything was delicious.

Here our a couple of pics of the girls enjoying their mint chip ice cream and sprinkle cones



And because they are too cute - a couple more at the park



It was a such a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment