Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 105 - Ginger Beer and A Visit from the Trash Fairy

Ginger beer is basically made like root beer, but the main ingredient is ginger. The other day at the grocery store Q pointed it out to me and since neither of us had ever tried it we bought a 4-pack of bottles.

My first sip was surprising and I did not like it, but on the second taste I was more prepared on what to expect and found it very interesting. I really enjoy ginger-ale and I will tell you this is nothing like it. Also, I really enjoy drinking out of icy cold glass bottles so that added to the appeal of it, although next time I will try to make a cocktail with it - with all the strong & interesting flavors I think it would taste better that way :)

Despite how this label looks it is actually alcohol free,

If you are a big fan of ginger already you may really like this, so go and try some.

Other firsts: As I was leaving for work this morning a large truck loaded up with tons of trash cans was turning onto our street. Our city will now require everyone to use these giant trash cans - all trash has to be bagged and put in one and all recyclables need to be placed loosely in the other.

I am not sure how I feel about these yet . . . On one hand they are huge and will be tough to store out of sight, but on the other I love that the can for recyclables is the same as the trash. Q & I will have fun every week trying to make that one much fuller than the one for waste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment