Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 98 - BRGR, a New Restaurant in Town

Quinn was out of town for work earlier this week - so tonight when he go home we thought it would be nice to go out to eat so neither of us had to worry about cooking or the dishes and we could just spend some time together. The restaurant we decided to try is not only a first for us, but it is a completely new restaurant that only opened a couple of weeks ago. BRGR (I am pretty sure you are suppose to call it burger - not B-R-G-R) is not too far from out house and was a fun night out.

We got there a little after 8 PM and had to wait about 10 minutes before being seated - not bad. We ended up getting a high-top table in a corner of the bar area which was great! We got a good view of the whole restaurant and it was nice and it was tucked away so it was not too loud.

While we were waiting to be seated a server walked by with a tray full of milkshakes. So even before we sat down and decided what to have for dinner I knew a milkshake had to part of my meal! They had few delicious flavors to choose from.

I went for the Double Chocolate Fudge (how can you resist a name like that?!) and Quinn ordered a strawberry one

Both were delicious and it was especially fun because we ordered and enjoyed them before any of our dinner made it too the table. By far one of the top 10 things about being a grown-up - getting to eat dessert before dinner!

While we were sipping on our shakes I noticed a few things about the restaurant's decor that I really liked. First, they have one of those garage-door type of walls, which was open (even though it was a bit chilly out), I just love when places have this, for some reason it makes me feel like I am on vacation. I took this picture of Quinn to get the open door in the background, but it is pretty dark - so basically you just get to see my man here :)

Also they had some very neat lighting, which always makes a big difference in setting the mood & the scene. Plus in this same picture you can see the great bar area :)

There were other details that caught my attention, like the homemade catchup & mustard and rag-like clothes napkins. All these little touches were great. Once potential drawback for BRGR is their restroom is coed. It's one long bathroom space with alternating men's & woman's stalls and a shared sink . . . interesting. I didn't use it, but have heard about this from friends and am not sure how I really feel about it - I have never seen anything like this before.

When we go out, Q and I usually plan out our order together to make sure we are getting lots of variety and so we can share (I LOVE eating out with Q because we like to try everything and are always share) so tonight was no exception. We decided on the Out-n-In burger, a combo platter of fries & rings and a side of mac & cheese.

For the combo platter of sides - we went with the truffle fries, sweet potato fries and onion straws. The presentation was fun, with tin cups for the fries. Both of the fry option were pretty good, they tasted fresh but were nothing too amazing and I have had better of each kind before (Blanc Burger has great truffle fries and the Mixx wins for sweet potato fries), but the onion straws were great! they had a unique flavor complete with Parmesan cheese on top and we both really enjoyed them.

The mac & cheese looks much better than it tastes. I am not sure if their 5-cheese blend is off or how to explain this, but it just wasn't that tasty.

The burger on the other had was delicious - it was cooked perfectly and the egg bun it was served on was so yummy!

All in all, it was a lovely time and I am sure we will go back soon.



Also, I had to add this cute picture from earlier in our evening. Before going to grab some dinner we dropped off Easter baskets from Quinn's parents for our nieces who couldn't make it to Omaha to celebrate with us. These girls are too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment