Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 104 - A Face-lift for our Porch

This is our back porch and I love it :)

(this photo was taken last year)

. . . but since we moved into our house about 3 years ago the floors are ready to be revived.

Today, after work Quinn went to pick up a random orbital floor sander to redo the wood floors on our screened-in back porch. We have done wood floors before, but he always does the sanding and I help with the stain/polyurethane finish but this afternoon I asked Quinn to step aside and I did the sanding on my own (well, one pass of it).

I even put on the sanding pads - which I was really impressed with. They basically have a strong Velcro system and they were very easy to attach.

Once I had everything set, I lugged the machine to a corner of the porch and got going.

I was very careful to go with the grain of the wood and to not stay in one area for too long.

That machine is powerful and in full disclosure Q did end up doing most of the sanding, but I am glad I gave it a shot.

I even helped with some of the sawdust clean up

Once we get the floors finished I will share the completed project.

Other First: Since we were working hard on our porch we decided to order pizza for dinner. We hardly ever pick up a pizza for dinner, so we had a tough time deciding where to go. We finally thought of Tony's Villa Capri where we had not been since trying it for the first time back in January. Tonight I added some fried mozzarella to our order and it was AMAZING

Probably not the healthiest thing in the world, but I am glad I discovered it. If you live in the Kansas City area and have never been here you really should try it. They have a full Italian menu and you can dine in too :) Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment