Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 110 - Monchong (Pomphert) Fish

Tonight I worked late and then headed straight to a work dinner at 7, which didn't leave a lot of opportunity to do something new, so at dinner I skimmed the menu for something I had never had before and saw this
We we were at one of my favorite restaurants, Bristol so I knew I could trust trying something different there, plus the waitress described it as a light, white fish similar to sword fish, so I ordered the Monchong. After dinner I looked up the fish, and this is the image I found

The fish is caught around Hawaii and the way it was prepared tonight was delicious.

It was encrusted with a Macadamia nut mixture and served with an orange buerre blanc sauce and fresh berries with asparagus. It was a large portion but was so yummy I could of easily finished it all, but brought a little home for Quinn to try.

It's always nice when you order something new and it turns out to be a great choice :)

1 comment:

  1. your fishy has an underbite.

    lets hang out soon.

    i'll fb u.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete