Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 113 - Conquered - The New Super Mario Brothers

Tonight Q & I won the New Super Mario Brother's game on our Wii :) It was so much fun and felt just as cool as when I was a kid and won any of the older versions of Mario! We got the game for Christmas and since then have played a level here and there in addition to 2 or 3 much longer Mario 'sessions'. Q is always Mario and I am the Yellow Toad.

I thought this would be a fun picture to share with this post

Q & I were Mario & Toad for Halloween last year . . . (complete with my homemade paper-mache toad hat and Mario-style blocks) even before we had our new Mario game for the Wii - I guess you can call it foreshadowing ;)

Now back to our big accomplishment of the day - Winning the New Super Mario Brothers game. Here is the a picture of the last castle . . . spooky

And here we are in one of our attempts to get past Bowser (it took us a few tries)

Once you knock the bridge out that Bowser is on (I am 'bubbling' so I wouldn't fall off the bridge too - by the way, 'bubbling' is a very technical term in this game). Once we got to this part it is revealed the princess is actually a decoy and you have to run through a few more obstacles with Bowser chasing & blowing fire from behind to get to the real princess.

(Q was bubbling at this point and I felt kind of bad after all our time together playing the game that Mario wasn't up on screen)

But that was short lived because in the animated celebration after saving the princess Mario get's all the glory


Once you save the princess a secret World 9 becomes available.

You have to have gotten all the big coins in every other world to be able to play each new world - which we had all of, except for World 8, so we still have some fun left with this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment