Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 97 - A House Warming Gift ~ DREAM

My sister Michelle has moved into a new apartment and I wanted to make her something for a housewarming gift. I decided I would decorate some basic paper-mache letters to make her a place to lay her head the perfect place dream at night.

Supplies:

D-R-E-A-M Paper mache letters
5 sheets of coordinating scrapbook paper
Paint to match the paper
Modge podge to seal everything
Paint brush
scissors

First I mixed 4 colors of craft paint to find the right shade of purple to compliment all the scrapbook papers I selected



Once I let these dry I cut out each letter by placing the front of each letter on the back side of the paper and tracing the letter

Next I cut out each letter and attached them to each letter using modge-podge. Once attached I did a coat around the edges and the top of the paper.

After I let the first coat of modge-podge dry I went back and sealed the entire letter with a second coat.

And that's it! Place them on a shelf or hang them directly on the wall!


Other Firsts: Today I saw my sister Janelle's blog for the first time! I am so excited she has started blogging and am looking forward to many great posts. Love it Nelly :)

I also made a delicious smoothie that I wanted to share with you.

A few weeks ago I had some blueberries left over for the week and we were heading out of town, so rather than risking leaving them in the fridge for a couple of extra days I decided to freeze them. I put them in a freezer bag, made sure all the air was out, sealed it and wrote the date on the bag and put them in the freezer.

When I decided I wanted a smoothie tonight I remembered I had the frozen blue berries (which I had never done before) and went to see if they were good. I ate one straight out of the freezer and that was actually a good snack and decided that was a good test to make sure they were good so onto the smoothie making.

Ingredients:
8 ice cubes (estimate)
6 oz. vanilla yogurt
6. oz cold water (I used the yogurt container to measure)
1 medium banana (it was overly ripe and I would not of eaten it as-is, but it was perfect for the smoothie)
3/4 cup of frozen blueberries

Combine everything into blender and puree until smooth

Enjoy!

It was so yummy & good for you :)

1 comment: