Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 92 - A Basket of Goodies

Today I put together my first Easter Basket. (I can hardly believe that this is true - but it is, I have found many through the years, but I never put an Easter basket together until today!)

My office closed at noon for Easter weekend so a little after 12 this afternoon I packed up and headed out to meet Quinn for a quick lunch and then set out to get my supplies.

I found a nice neutral basket, some festive grass & ribbon, I bought little Easter eggs to fill and then I set off to get the goodies to put in it.

Quinn gave up soda for Lent, so I had to put some of his favorites in there - I was really hoping to find glass bottles or at least some of the throw-backs they have come out with, but I didn't have much luck and after a couple of stops I settled with mini-cans of Orange Fanta, Dr. Pepper & Root Beer. I also threw in a chocolate bunny (it was a soccer one and since he plays & loves soccer I had to buy it), I also got a few other snacks he enjoys and was now all set to assemble.

The final touch was to write some fun, sweet messages on some funky paper to put in each of the eggs (we always get more than enough candy from my parents). I thought doing little notes in the eggs would be a nice way to tell Quinn how much I love him, I also wrote some notes that were more like coupons - like for a night of nothing (aka I make dinner, do the dishes, etc. and he just gets to relax).

For the finishing touch, I wrote Quinn an Easter card and packaged everything up with a cellophane bag and tied it off with a bow - then I hid it for Quinn to find when we return from Omaha on Easter Sunday.



*** UPDATE: I am horrible at keeping a secret and when Quinn got home I basically told him that the Easter bunny stopped by while he was at work . . . he looked around the house for a while and then I started giving him hints (which really was not necessary because I did a horrible job of hiding it) Anyway he found it and loved it but I said he still had to wait to open it until Easter :) ***

1 comment: