Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 109 - REAL Maple Syrup

Tonight we made breakfast for dinner. It brought back some good memories from when I was kid - it was always such a fun night growing up when we had breakfast in the evening.

Breakfast for dinner is still pretty fun as a grown-up too (did I really just call myself a grown up? :)

We had french toast with a great loaf of whole wheat bread that I double dipped in the egg mixture with cinnamon and served it with real, organic maple syrup. Everything was so yummy.

Whenever we buy syrup we just grab a bottle off the shelf and never think much of it - but recently Quinn heard something about the real deal on NPR and we got to talking about it . . . neither of us had ever had it before tonight.

The real maple syrup did have a very unique flavor and is very different than the regular stuff - also the ingredients of the real maple syrup = maple syrup and that's it - love that.

The other stuff is full of junk, and not a drop of the real maple syrup . . .

I will have to admit after my first bite I decided a little powder sugar would make it just right, Quinn liked his with just the syrup and we both decided the real stuff is so much better!

If you never have had real maple syrup - you should try some soon and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment