Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 33 - Mezzaluna, a New Place to Avoid

Tonight Quinn and I had our first negative experience in my year of firsts. I had been traveling that afternoon and when I got home around 7:30 Quinn suggested rather than making dinner we go out. We decided to try Mezzaluna in Lenexa. There was one man who was the host, bartender and waiter - which was fine because there were only 2 other tables in the restaurant. Throughout our meal I kept giving this place the benefit of the doubt, but by the time we left I knew we would never return.

I ordered the veal Marsala and it was terrible. The plate was messy with the Marsala sauce running into the pasta - since we eat with our eyes before the first bite I was not impressed. Once I did take a bite it reminded me of a salty breakfast sausage. I also asked to substitute pasta for the potatoes, which he told us he could do - only to charge us an additional $6 for the pasta and he still omitted the vegetables and potatoes

To top it all off, we were using a restaurants.com coupon - which we have done many times before at other restaurants with no trouble. The waiter/bartender/host was annoyed with us for using the coupon and when we asked a question about our bill he was not only rude but even angry with us.

Tacky decor. Rude service. Bad food.

(I was going to take a picture in front of the restaurant on our way out, but after our bad experience I didn't want to waste our time.)

Better luck tomorrow, I hope!

2 comments:

  1. I think there is one of these off of Gregory in Brookside too? Wonder if it is just as bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one over there - we always see it on our way to Quinn's brothers house. Not sure if it is as bad, but you can bet we will not be the ones to test that! ;)

    ReplyDelete