Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 43 - Don't Eat This Cake (my first diaper cake)

This afternoon Quinn and I headed to Omaha. I had asked my mom earlier in the week if she would want to make a diaper cake with me for my sisters shower, it is the last one and I thought it would be a fun touch - my mom was up for the challenge. I had never done one before, but had seen a few and thought they were so cute & fun. Once we got to town and relaxed a bit (and watched some entertaining 'how-to' videos on you tube) my mom and I went to Hobby Lobby to get a few additional supplies.

Back at the house we got to rolling the diapers and forming our 'cake'


My mom took her rolling very seriously


We added some ribbon and my mom made the fluffy bow (and found a light-up candle to add to the top) and our diaper cake was all set




Other Firsts: After successfully making our cake my mom, Quinn and I headed out to get some dinner and decided it would be fun to see my other sister Michelle at work. While there my mom ordered a glass of Grand Marnier and since I had never tried it, I took a sip - Rocket Fuel! Wow, that was probably my first and my last tasting of Grand Marnier.

It ended up being a fun (and late) night out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment