Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 36 - Vietnamese Please

Today we got more snow. Here's a quick picture I snapped as I was leaving work . . .

At least it's pretty (if it just wasn't so cold & slippery, I would be great with it).

When the weather gets like this it is always nice to get out of the house and do something fun. Tonight we went to dinner with some lovely friends, Anne & Andy and Bethany & Stephen. Neither Quinn nor I have ever been to a Vietnamese restaurant and everyone else thought it sounded good so we headed to the Vietnam Cafe.

Since we were about to eat Vietnamese food I ordered a Vietnamese beer to go with it - Vietnamese 33. It was good, tasted pretty typical, nothing too unusual and reminded me of a regular Bud Light.

Quinn on the other hand ordered a 'bubble tea' which he was nice enough to let me try. It was very unusually and surprisingly good. It was a green tea flavor and had little tapioca balls which were easy to sip since it was served with an over sized straw.

Quinn ordered Rau Xao (Vegetable Stir Fried) with beef

I went with a traditional Bun (Rice Vermicelli Noodles) with combination (beef, chicken & shrimp)

My first bite of Vietnamese food

It was delicious!

After dinner Anne, Bethany and I snapped a quick picture with a Buddha statue that was right next to our table.

This was certainly not the last time we will be having Vietnamese. If you have never tried it, I reccomend you do. Quinn is already on the hunt to see if he can find the bubble tea at some type of coffee house or drive though.

No comments:

Post a Comment