Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 54 - Calzones at Home

Tonight we were about to make a pizza for dinner and were discussing what I should do new for the day when Quinn suggested instead of pizza we make a calzone - works for me!

We got the dough from our favorite pizza place, Minsky's and cooked up some ground turkey that I seasoned with fresh onion & garlic. I added about 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce.

I also added in some fresh spinach

and once that cooked down the calzone mixture was all ready

I put a bit of olive oil on the dough

and then added the turkey & spinach mixture

Just before folding the dough over I sprinkled a bit of shredded Parmesan and mozzarella on top

I used some corn meal to slide the calzone onto our pizza stone and cooked it at 420F for about 30 minutes. It split open slightly, but still looked pretty good to me


I served it with a side of marinara sauce and some freshly diced tomatoes


It was yummy, although next time I think I may make us each a mini-one instead of one giant one - might be a little easier to eat :)

1 comment:

  1. i should probably be coming over for dinner. a lot. looks like your meals are pretty healthy......better then my chips, pizza, donuts, etc........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. lookin good you cute chef :)
    see you guys SATURDAY at the home show!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete