Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 50 - Surprise (Quinn bought concert tickets)

I had been in Omaha for work part of this week and was really looking forward to getting home this afternoon and to having a nice, relaxing & productive weekend. . . Mother Nature had other plans - most of Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri & Iowa had no weather issues - but, as luck would have it, the route I had to take from Omaha to Kansas City was pretty bad. I decided to take my time, be extra careful and at least attempt to get home - if it felt like a bad idea I was going to turn back and stay in Omaha an extra day.

It was tense at times and I was going around 10 mph, but just over 4 hours later I made it home - safe, sound and very thankful.

While all this was going on, Quinn was up to something. He had mentioned Rascal Flatts concert tickets earlier in the week, but with the weather he didn't want to buy them with the chance of me not getting home.

The long ride home wore me out, and once I got settled in and had a late lunch - I took a nap. Quinn called and woke me up just before 5 and asked what I was planning on doing for the night. I told him I had no idea, but wouldn't mind taking it easy. That's when he told me we had tickets for concert - wha hoo!! (Once I had checked in with him on my way back and was at the half way point he went to ticket master, found great seats and made the purchase :)

Show time starts at 8

We made it to the Sprint Center by 7:30 and found our seats. Here's a quick shot I took before the show

They were AWESOME! I still have no idea how we got so lucky the day of the show.

The Opening act was Darius Rucker (formerly 'Hootie' as in the Blowfish). This was the first time I had ever seen him perform and I was blown away.

He played his country hits first and by the end of his set was rocking old Hootie & the Blowfish songs. It was great!

Then the Rascal Flatts took the stage and their high-energy performance was so much fun!

Quinn tried to get a picture of me with them in the background, but with the lighting - all you can pretty much see here is that it is a concert and a dark figure to the left (that's me)

There were fireworks . . .

And fog . . .

They brought this little girl onto the stage and she was loving every minute of it - high fiving the crowd and everything. (On our way out we saw her and her mom leaving and I gave her a high five too, what a fun memory for her)

During the encore Darius joined Gary, Jay & Joe (The Rascal Flatts) for a couple of songs.

I don't remember why we are making these funny faces. . . must of been our reaction to one of the songs

Thanks Quinn for a wonderful night out on the town!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhh!!!!!! your seats look fabulous!!!!!!!!
    what a wonderful guy, that quinn!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete