Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 53 - A Mission Mass

Our church is offering a Lenten Parish Mission that began on Sunday and runs through Wednesday night. Although Quinn and I are not able to make all of the masses and discussions we thought it would good to at least go the one night we could make it - tonight.

The Mission was put on by the Redemptorists priest, they are a society of missionary priests that work through out the world. For our mission there was an older priest who has been with the Redemptorist for many many years and a young priest who gave his first every mission talk tonight. They both did a great job and it was interesting to have the perspective of both priests. They were both entertaining and as we were leaving Quinn made the comment that it was like going to story time :)

The theme tonight was Love Thy Neighbor and the symbol of tonights theme was the cross. There was also a discussion on Mary and the virtues. It was all very applicable to our lives and an hour and a half well spent.

Here is the prayer we concluded with tonight

Prayer of Discernment

Lord,
My God and me ALL,
Increase my courage
To say YES to you;
Broaden my knowledge
To know more about others;
Expand my wisdom
To connect all the dots of life;
Deepen my humility
To constantly need you

Lord,
Lift up my dreams,
So my dreams become yours;
That is my purpose.
That is the aspiration of my life.
And that is all I strive for.

Amen


This was the first time I have participated in any part of a Parish Mission. I was really happy to have been there and felt like I took away a good lesson. I am sure being at every session is even more moving and hope that next time we will be able to make the entire mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment