Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 48 - Netflix

Quinn LOVES movies and although I rarely take the time to watch a movie, once I am watching one I usually enjoy it - so for Valentines Day I got Quinn a subscription to Netflix. I figured as long as we got through 2 movies a month (this seems reasonable) it would be worth it, plus with all the knitting and other projects I have been working on lately it might be nice to have a movie on in the background once in a while.

Tonight our first movie arrived with the mail (I also love how convenient Netflix is). The movie was Couples Retreat, so this evening we watched our first Netflix rented movie. It's a funny and enjoyable movie - we will drop it back in the mail tomorrow and wait to see what shows up next ;)

Other Firsts: Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent, so could do not eat meat. We had a little crab meat left over from Valentines Day so I made crab frittata's for dinner that were delicious (if I do say so myself). Isn't the word frittata great! (I can't believe this is the first time I ever made a frittata - this was a first that won't be a last)

First I tossed in some red onion, after that cooked for a minute or 2 I added some mushrooms and the crab meat (this looked and smelled so good I was tempted to just serve this for dinner).

Then I added the eggs, cooked those on medium heat for a few minutes and finished by topping with some shredded white cheddar cheese and baking it in the oven at 340F until it all set up and the cheese was nice and melty.

We cooked up some brussel sprouts & potatoes and dinner was served

3 comments:

  1. make me a frittata honey :) lookin good!!!!!! yum.
    cant wait for your to french braid my hair.
    oh yeah. im obviously not sleeping yet....so i coulda made it over. coulda shoulda woulda..... :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a frittata last night for dinner too! (That makes us Frittata Friends!) Yours was much fancier...I just did Canadian bacon, mushrooms and broccoli. I also sprinkled some cheese on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, we should have a frittata party soon :) Lindsey - let me know when you want that French braiding date and Katie, thanks for reminding me - I sprinkled some cheese on top too (everything is better with a little cheese :) By the way, your frittata ingredients sound yummy too, I am so glad I now know how to make these . . . looking forward to trying many new creations.

    ReplyDelete