Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 55 - pop, Pop, POP . . . tic toc - tic toc

Tonight our second Netflix movie arrived - Cinderella Man (no, we have never seen it - I am telling you, we never watch movies . . . well not before we had Netflix) It was such a great movie - amazing that it is a true story.

In addition to watching a new movie tonight I decided to make homemade popcorn, right on the stove top. I think I remember my mom making it this way when I was a kid (mom can you confirm this for me). Anyway, I had never made popcorn from scratch and was excited for fresh popped corn :)

I used canola oil and good old Orville Redenbacher kernel's.

Quinn was getting hungry and it was taking so much longer than the microwave stuff

Well . . . I think I needed to crank the heat up (it said medium heat) but it was taking forever so by the time I finally did turn the heat up the kernel's had gotten a little toasty and once it popped it had a bit more of a crunch than we were hopping for

so . . .

Yes we ended up getting out a trusty bag of microwave popcorn.

If I wouldn't of waited so long on the first batch I may of given it a second attempt, but that will have to wait until the next movie arrives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment