Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 126 - Springdale Arkansas & Dinner at Mary Maestri's

I am traveling on business today and am currently in Springdale, Arkansas. I may of driven through here before but I have never stayed over night or had dinner in this town.

Tonight, I had dinner at Mary Maestri's, which is a nice, little Italian restaurant - just down the road from the hotel. It was a charming restaurant with good food & service.

The menu was simple with classic Italian dishes available.

I ordered the Chicken Piccata and was served a large portion. It came with a dinner salad, that had a tasty home-made Italian dressing and a side of spaghetti (which was more like an entire meal all on it's own).

As we were leaving the restaurant the walls were scattered with articles about Mary Maestri's and with photo's & autographs of famous people who have dinned there. The restaurant has been in business since 1923 and although I wouldn't say it was the best Italian food I've ever had or the atmosphere was fabulous, it was a nice restaurant with good hearty servings

I snapped this picture as we were leaving, the setting and sweet lights around the building added to the overall charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment